So I got massively sidetracked. It still feels like summer, but it’s Labor Day weekend, which means it’s time to admit it’s over. My original summer project list:
- at least one essay as Emah
- finish a fic I deleted
- finish rewriting the werewolf thing
- finish the Regency polyamory
What I ended up doing:
- rough draft of my Statement of Purpose
- write 60,000 words of fiction over 10 different works, none of which are on the above list
- working a lot
- getting my hair dyed pink
The last two had nothing to do with writing, but were significant time sinks. Only one of the projects I was working on was original: the rest were transformative works. I mean, that is a fair chunk of writing and I’m happy to have done it. I’m also really glad I deleted the one work I was planning on finishing, because it had become less than fun and I didn’t give in to the sunk cost fallacy.
My goals for this fall have more to do with grad school and getting options narrowed and essays written, but I think I’m also going to try to get some original fiction in there, when I’m not organizing gift exchanges of fanworks.